Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day Table Decor

With family coming for a BBQ on Father's Day, I felt the need for some type of table decor to mark the occasion! Naturally I turned to Pinterest for ideas and came up with this.


I saw a lot of golf themes, which used to be our Father's Day activity before the families expanded, so that was an appealing start for my centrepiece. I used a round vase that was collecting dust on a shelf, added Easter "grass", 12 new golf balls, and an artificial plant from IKEA. I would have liked to fill the vase with more golf balls but that was all we had on hand for this last minute project!

For the mini tie bunting, I used the tutorial and free printable by hazelfly. It was super easy! I used general household string, glued the ties with my kids' white glue, and tied the string to a couple bamboo skewers from the package we were using for our kabobs! Then I used clear tape to help the skewers stay in place inside the plant pot.


The bow tie napkins I had seen from a baby shower idea on Pinterest. I didn't feel like getting out the hot glue gun and messing with ribbon, so I used Google Search to find the mustache image and printed it out on card stock. I cut it up into about 2 inch by 1/2 inch sections and used clear tape on the back to hold them around the napkins.

Folding the napkins into bow tie shapes was a little tricky but I just kept trying over and over with one sample napkin until I got a shape I liked! The napkins I had were square so I needed to fold back a couple of edges to get a rectangle in the correct dimensions.

The weather forecast called for rain but we got lucky and it held off for a successful family BBQ! I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day with their family too.

No comments:

Post a Comment